Happy New Year?

well ho ho ho and a bottle of rum. wait.. that's not how it should go.. erm..
anyway:

a new year is upon us and all is well with the world!

..well, at least it hadn't blown up yet, most of it anyway.

a new year. hmm. i have a vague feeling about me now that i have not felt for about.. a year :)
so many things done, other undone, yet the world keeps turning round.

on a personal scale, i reckon i achieved most of the goals set up this time last year, as usual still lagging a bit on the harder ones, something i guess is shared by many of you in one way or another :)
on a global scale, most of the human race is just as crazy and idiotic as it has ever been, murder, mayhem, madness, normal.

note:
yesterday's filth is today's martyr is tomorrow's filth.

am writing this staccato because of the ungodly hour i find myself in, i'm not sure what exactly i should write about, or whether i should be writing at all.

i'll just leave a list of wishes and resolutions, and go sleep.

wishing that:

1. Iraqis acquire the gift of thinking.

2. Iraqis learn to actually BE iraqis, instead of a mob of sunnis, shi'a, arabs, kurds, and all the other labels that escape me at the moment.

3. The Powers of Organized-Religion throughout Islamdom start talking to eachother, and no swearing allowed, either.

4. I learn to be a little less stubborn. only a little mindyou.

5. I get a pair of running shoes. all i have now is boots, boots, and boots. been a while since i got running shoes, 4 years, 5 now, actually.

6. I be a better person overall :)


err..yeah, fat chance on any of the above. so why keep on? let's move on to the resolutions!
At least these actually have a chance of happening:

1. I resolve to find a job.

2. I resolve to find a good place to live :)

3. I resolve NOT to have, actually Cause, kids to happen.

4. I resolve to meet a certain someone and punch him square in the smacker. (or knee him repeatedly in the nuts, whichever is more accessible at the time)

5. I resolve to study more, work more, and work OUT more.

6. I resolve to be a better son, husband, and (in some cases) friend. other relatives i am not interested in. waste of perfectly good words even writing about them.

7. I resolve to buy a red sofa.

..er.. and all the rest from last year :) happynewyearauldlangsyneGodblesseveryone!

- i have this habit of capitalizing the g in God, and i like it :) -

now, exqueeze me, i have some Z's to catch..
blog comments powered by Disqus