.El-Naranjita!!!

I know its too late to write about this, WAY TOO LATE, but hey, I only saw the *&^*% thing five minutes ago!
Around 4AM tonight on Nilesat, there was a Marilyn Monroe movie on MBC2 and since I adore her, I was watching, then came the commercial break, and since I have a chronic phobia of those since the days before the war, when all commercials on tv talked about the same kind of shampoo presented by different girls with varying waistlines that go from "slightly overweight" to "Queen Mary II"
Ok, so I grab the remote and start zapping, then i think: "Hey its been some days since i last saw the news, let's go raise my blood pressure.." so i flip to the nearest iraqi station (i dont trust jazeera or arabia or any other non-iraqi news channel, i dont even trust the iraqi news channels for that matter) a station called Sharqiya (in Arabic: "The Eastern" or "Of the East") and suddenly I am speechless..
Now i've heard this song on the radio before and i've heard my buddies talk about it, but since i was in the kingdom of far far away (not that far) i was blessed with avoiding all iraqi music for three months.. I digress.
What I saw was nothing short of epic, the culmination of 4000 years of civilisation told (or rather WIGGLED) in 3-4 minutes..
A Struggle between human Churchill tanks (of the 6th Guards Tank Brigade) to decide who can shake more flesh on-screen,
THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE. (Historical Refrence: WW II)
Ok, What i saw on the screen was simply: AL-BOURTUQALA! (The Orange, YES it means the fruit.)
This is what ALL music should be like, a senseless, tasteless, shameless, ARTless show of potruding, brimming-over FLESH. Ten Belly dancers each with the shape and mass of an M-1 Abrams Main Battle Tank, wobbling around a singer which looks like a Bradley himself for 3 minutes, all the while he's singing: "Oh thee Orange, What had you to do with that nice guy, Oh how you torture him" over and over again.. the orange under discussion is the Leader Tan.. Sorry, Dancer of the group.. she is dressed in an orange THING that can be classified as clothes..OH THE HORROR, I AM STILL WASHING MY EYES WITH SALT-WATER..
WHAT IS GOING ON ON TV THESE DAYS? HAVE I BEEN AWAY THAT LONG?

What kind of degraded, brainless, glue-sniffing son of a diseased ***** would direct this video, much less AIR IT ON TELEVISION?
Is this really a marker of what's "in" these days?
Who ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN?

You know what the real disaster is?
From ALL my friends, AND EVERYONE I TALK TO, Only Me and another kindred spirit spoke against this song.. this applies to my WHOLE COUNTRY! (And if I know anything, THE WHOLE ARAB NATION! - males only, females NOT included, unless they are.... Anyway!)
I HAVE TO BE WRONG HERE, Cuz no way in blue hell can ALL arabic-speaking males be wrong and only two are right, right? (And I'm as straight as a ray of light, me and my friend! We like girls, HONEST!)

ARGH! I'm being brain-washed!

please help.

THE END IS NIGH... THE END IS NIGH.... THE END IS NIGH.... I LOVE YOU BIG BROTHER....
blog comments powered by Disqus